Pre Order for delivery in July.
The AVM was developed over a 7 year period following the 2002/3 SARS outbreak, specifically to filter virus particles (virions) in the range 60nm to 180nm without the increase in work of breathing associated with conventional ultra-fine filtration. Designed and engineering in Scotland, the technology then lay idle until the 2019 SARS-COV-2 pandemic, and is now being retooled for manufacture in the UK.
The mask is currently undergoing a full set of approvals and will be available once complete
The AVM is the first mask suitable for a clinical or public setting, to provide efficient filtration of virions. It achieves this with a four layer filter, fitted as a replacement module in a mask shell comprising a nylon outer shell and a soft silicone inner. Soft silicone oro-nasal with wide elasticated straps minimise pressure on the face, while allowing the mask to be cleaned and sterilised.
The 30V – 36V electrostatic charge is generated by a circuit board within the mask, powered by an external AA cell to keep the mask light and comfortable. The circuit board is available with a microphone and signal conditioning circuit, for use with an optional speaker module: this removes distortion form the voice, avoiding muffling the wearer's speech.
The straps and other fittings are non-allergenic and are designed to minimise the pressure on the skin of the wearer, and avoid fungal and bacterial growth. Sterilisation is by immersion in DuPont Virkon solution.
- Low breathing resistance
- Silicone oro-nasal for comfortable gas seal over full shift, multi-day use
- Four layer filtration: FFP3 plus three layer electrostatic macroporous molecular sieve
- Molecular sieve pores traps virions
- Nano-Ag coating 3nm on sieve destroys the virions entraped in the molecular pores
- Clear indication of when electrostatic system is operating, by blue LED
- Powered by AA cell with jack socket
- Optional internal microphone provides output to speaker unit to avoid muffling speech
- Replaceable filter capsule
Active Electrostatic Nano-Ag Molecular Sieve filtration Mask